Kapil Dev back in BCCI fold
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former India captain Kapil Dev has decided to end his differences with the BCCI on Wednesday.
The BCCI issued a media release, moments after the 1983 World Cup winning captain met president N Srinivasan at the board`s headquarters today morning.
"The BCCI will now release the one-time benefit of Rs 1.5 crore for Kapil (for playing more than 100 Tests) and he will again be eligible for monthly gratis of Rs 35,000 from the board. His gratis arrears for the last five years will also be cleared with immediate effect," a senior BCCI official told PTI today.
Kapil, who tried to avoid the waiting media persons, however seemed happy to be back in the official fold.
"BCCI is like a parent and we are like its children. Even during my earlier association, I have contributed for welfare of cricket and cricketers and even now I aim to do so," Kapil told the mediapersons.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur