Kapil Dev back in BCCI fold
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former India captain Kapil Dev has decided to end his differences with the BCCI on Wednesday.
The BCCI issued a media release, moments after the 1983 World Cup winning captain met president N Srinivasan at the board`s headquarters today morning.
"The BCCI will now release the one-time benefit of Rs 1.5 crore for Kapil (for playing more than 100 Tests) and he will again be eligible for monthly gratis of Rs 35,000 from the board. His gratis arrears for the last five years will also be cleared with immediate effect," a senior BCCI official told PTI today.
Kapil, who tried to avoid the waiting media persons, however seemed happy to be back in the official fold.
"BCCI is like a parent and we are like its children. Even during my earlier association, I have contributed for welfare of cricket and cricketers and even now I aim to do so," Kapil told the mediapersons.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months