Kapil Dev inaugurates new golf course in Pune
Pune: Former India captain Kapil Dev today inaugurated a new nine-hole golf course here at the Blue Ridge township in Hinjewadi.
The course, developed by Paranjape Schemes (Construction) Limited, is built on one lakh square-feet area.
Some of the main features of the course include 250-yard golf academy area with practice facilities and target greens, bunkers at 100, 150 and 200 yards; 2000 metres of cart path to connect each hole. Three lakes are also a part of this Golf Course.
Praising the facility, the 1983 World Cup winning all-rounder said he was happy to see such a state of the art facility in a township.
Kapil, reacting to India`s massive defeat against South Africa in the first of three ODIs at Johannesburg, asked the fans to be a bit more patient and not judge the team based on one bad performance.
"I will not comment before the end of the series. We should stop judging players on one performance. Winning or losing one match cannot make a team winner or loser forever."
He also reckoned that today`s bowlers have got talent, but with a tight schedule, they do not get enough time to work on their fitness.
"We used to play for six months. Nowadays, they play for 10 months. We used to get time to look after our fitness, these boys don`t have it. They are still doing well, but there is always scope for improvement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?