Kapil Dev likely to apply for BCCI amnesty
New Delhi: After granting amnesty to Kiran More, the BCCI in all likelihood will soon be granting amnesty to Kapil Dev and welcome him back in the official fold as the former Indian captain is all set to write to the cricket board on this issue.
It is learnt that BCCI president N Srinivasan has taken personal initiative in bringing the 1983 World Cup winning captain back in the BCCI fold. Kapil has finally relented on applying for amnesty after "fruitful discussions with the BCCI president."
"Although this was not on the agenda, the president (Srinivasan) informed the members that there has been fruitful discussions with Kapil Dev and the latter has agreed to seek amnesty. The formalities will be worked out soon," a senior working committee member preferring anonymity said.
Kapil, who joined as the chairman of the executive board of Indian Cricket League back in 2007, has never sought amnesty from the BCCI but he has been invited for some of the functions organised by Cricket Board lately.
"The content of the application letter will be such that it doesn`t hurt the dignity of a player of Kapil`s stature but also at the same time maintain BCCI`s position of being the parent body and guardian of the game in the country," the official further added.
If Kapil gets amnesty, he will be entitled to Rs 1 crore as a part of BCCI`s one-time benefit scheme and he will also start receiving pension once again. His arrears will also be cleared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS