Kapil Dev wants Tendulkar to complete 30 years in international cricket
Guwahati: Kapil Dev on Sunday said Sachin Tendulkar is in good form and expressed a wish to see the batting maestro complete 30 years in international cricket.
"It is great that he (Sachin) has completed 23 years in international cricket. I wish him to complete 30 years. He is playing good," Kapil told reporters here in reply to a query on Tendulkar`s role in the Indian team.
The former India captian, who was in the city for an interaction with students, parents and faculty members of Royal Global School, however, refused to give a direct answer on his earlier comments on ICC`s day-night Test cricket formula.
"When the time comes for the Board (BCCI) to decide on the matter, then we can say something," said Kapil who had earlier objected the idea of having day-night Tests.
He said the retirement of Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman would not hamper the performance of Team India in the Test format.
"When Sunil Gavaskar announced his retirement people thought our team would no longer survive. However, we evolved and youngsters came and slowly took over.
"Now we have players like Kohli and Pujara who are performing well. Youngsters will be there to replace people who retire," the Haryana Hurricane said.
Asked about conferring the Bharat Ratna to cricketers and other sportspersons, Kapil said, "Policy makers should be asked this question. However, if any sportsperson is granted such honours we will all definitely feel proud.
"All of us felt proud when Sachin was nominated to Rajya Sabha."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals