Kapil replaces Imran as speaker at Sardesai Memorial Lecture
Mumbai: Former India skipper and all rounder Kapil Dev would deliver the annual Dilip Sardesai Memorial Lecture at the Cricket Club of India here tomorrow, in place of the original speaker, former Pakistan captain Imran Khan.
"Imran is stuck with the political situation in Pakistan. Kapil Dev is now going to deliver the lecture on the Future of Indian Cricket," said sources connected with the function today.
Imran, the 1992 World Cup-winning skipper, who is heading a political party in his country, was to speak on how India-Pakistan cricket can be used to bridge the gap between the two neighbouring sub-continent countries.
The sources insisted that the change of speakers at the annual lecture in memory of former Test cricket Sardesai, who died on July 2, 2007, had nothing to do with the earlier controversy, in which, another function at the CCI relating to a former Pakistan cricketer, the book release of Shoaib Akhtar`s autobiography `Controversially Yours`, was cancelled.
Akhtar had made controversial remarks about two icons of the Indian squad, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, to kick up a storm in the country and the function was cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site