Karnataka beat Haryana by three wickets during Ranji Trophy group A
Rohtak: Karnataka batsmen made heavy weather of small run-chase before registering a three-wicket win over Haryana in their Ranji Trophy group A match here on monday.
Karnataka were made to toil hard by Haryana pacer Harshal Patel, who snared his second five-for of the match, to reach the 97-run target at Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium.
Allrounder Stuart Binny (31 off 30 balls) played a cameo and held one end up to take his side home after they started the fourth and final day at 62 for four.
Patel, who had two wickets against his name, removed Karnataka skipper C M Gautum (5) without adding to his overnight total after Binny looked to finish off the target quickly.
Karnataka camp was jolted by three-quick strikes from Patel in the space of four runs, making the run chase more enticing.
Patel got Gautam caught on 82 and went on to remove Ganesh Satish (0) and Abrar Kazi (0) to raise hope of an improbable win.
But Binny kept his cool to prevent further blemishes as the visitors collect full six points.
The 23-year-old, who got six wickets in the first innings, ended with match figures of 11 for 96 in 45.1 overs.
Haryana - 247 and 105
Karnataka - 256 and 97 for 7 in 33.5 overs (Stuart Binny 31 not out, Harshal Patel 5/41)
Points: Points Karnataka 6, Haryana 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened