Karnataka qualify for Vijay Hazare knock-out after 4th win
Porvorim: Karnataka registered their fourth successive victory in the South Zone leg of the Vijay Hazare beating Hyderabad by 47 runs to qualify for the knock-out stages of the competition.
Karnataka now have 16 points from four games and are assured of a berth among 10 teams who will be vying for the top honours.
Put into bat, Karnataka posted a formidable total of 305 for nine, largely due to centuries from openers Lokesh Rahul (110, 107 balls, 9x4) and Robin Uthappa (103, 108, 10x4), who added 206 for the first wicket.
Manish Pandey with a 39-ball-42 was the only other contributor. In reply, Hyderabad were all-out for 258 in 46.4 overs. For Hyderabad, Hanuma Vihari (84) and Bavanaka Sandeep (72) tried their best with a 140-run partnership for the third wicket but once both were out within 20 runs of each other, there was no stopping Karnataka.
Medium pacer SL Akhshay was the pick of the bowlers with figures of four for 50 while skipper Stuart Binny`s military medium pacers also fetched him four wickets for 56 runs.
Brief Scores: Karnataka 305/9 in 50 overs (Lokesh Rahul 110, Robin Uthappa 103).
Hyderabad 258 all out in 46.4 overs (Hanuma Vihari 84, Bavanaka Sandeep 72, Stuart Binny 4/56, SL Akshay 4/50).
Karnataka won by 47 runs. Pts: Karnataka 4; Hyderabad 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali