Kasprowicz replaces Hayden on Australian board
Brisbane: Former test paceman Michael Kasprowicz replaced Matthew Hayden on Tuesday as Queensland`s director on the Cricket Australia board.
Ex-test opener Hayden stood down from the national and Queensland cricket boards last month, because he will play for the Brisbane Heat in the revamped Big Bash Twenty20 tournament.
Queensland Cricket said in a statement that Kasprowicz will step down as president of the Australian Cricketers` Association and will become one of two Queensland directors on the CA board, joining Bryan Phelan.
"There are some big decisions ahead for the game and I am keen to ensure we do our absolute best to help our game grow and prosper," Kasprowicz said.
The 39-year-old Kasprowicz retired from cricket in 2008 after a test career that included 113 wickets from 38 matches at an average of 32.88, along with 67 wickets from 42 limited-overs internationals at 24.98.
Queensland Cricket chairman Jim Holding said Kasprowicz would bring important qualities to the national board.
"He remains very much in touch with the game, especially at the elite level through coaching and commentary interests and his work with the ACA," Holding said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai