Kenyan captain Collins Obuya suspended for assaulting teammate
Nairobi: Kenyan cricket captain Collins Obuya will miss the two warm-up matches for the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 qualifying tournament after being suspended for assaulting a fellow player, officials reported on Saturday.
Obuya, a star of Kenya`s 2003 World Cup semi-final success, was involved in an altercation with team-mate Irfan Karim during a recent tour of Sri Lanka.
Karim, an opening batsman was also handed a one-match suspension by the Cricket Kenya disciplinary committee which met on Friday to deliberate on the case.
"Both players have been warned that any future misbehaviour will land a stiffer action being taken against them," the committee said in a statement.
Obuya will not play the two warm-ups against Namibia and Hongkong in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The ICC World Twenty20 qualifying tournament featuring 16 teams including Kenya is scheduled to start on November 15.
Only six teams will qualify for the World Twenty20 championships in Bangladesh in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan