Kenyan captain Collins Obuya suspended for assaulting teammate
Nairobi: Kenyan cricket captain Collins Obuya will miss the two warm-up matches for the upcoming ICC World Twenty20 qualifying tournament after being suspended for assaulting a fellow player, officials reported on Saturday.
Obuya, a star of Kenya`s 2003 World Cup semi-final success, was involved in an altercation with team-mate Irfan Karim during a recent tour of Sri Lanka.
Karim, an opening batsman was also handed a one-match suspension by the Cricket Kenya disciplinary committee which met on Friday to deliberate on the case.
"Both players have been warned that any future misbehaviour will land a stiffer action being taken against them," the committee said in a statement.
Obuya will not play the two warm-ups against Namibia and Hongkong in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The ICC World Twenty20 qualifying tournament featuring 16 teams including Kenya is scheduled to start on November 15.
Only six teams will qualify for the World Twenty20 championships in Bangladesh in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler