Kerala struggle to reach 121/4 in first innings
Kochi: Kerala were struggling at 121 for four in their first innings after restricting Services to 253 on the second day of their Ranji trophy Plate Group `A` match at Jawaharlal Nehru International stadium on Friday.
Replying to Services` modest total, Kerala got off to a good start with skipper V A Jagadeesh 50 (7 fours) putting on 54 runs for the opening wicket with A M Hegde (23).
Jagadeesh along with Robert Fernandes (26) added valuable 54 runs for the second wicket to put the hosts in a strong position at 108/2. However, Services soon struck back to dismiss Fernandes and S V Samson (0).
Earlier, Resuming at their overnight score of 198/5, Services added 55 runs more before being all out for 253.
M Khalid 26 (4x4) and S Yadav 17 (3x4) chipped in with useful runs to steer their side to a respectable total.
For Kerala, Sony Cheruvathur (2/53), Prasanth (3/48) and Rohan Prem (2/18) were the main wicket takers.
Services first innings: 253 (Yashpal 40, Khalid 26, R Paliwal 73, S M Swain 33, Prashanth 3/48)
Kerala first innings: 121/4 (V A Jagadeesh 50, Nishan Singh 2/15).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog