Kevin Pietersen in last-ditch efforts to safeguard England career
London: England star batsman Kevin Pietersen is fighting tooth and nail to ensure his international career doesn’t meet an unforeseen end.
The 32-year-old is holding meetings behind closed doors with England team and ECB Managing Director Hugh Morris to get himself back in reckoning for national colours, according to the Daily Mirror.
While Andy Flower and the England team will be focusing on the third Test at Lord’s, which would decide on their status as the world’s best Test team, Morris will be meeting with Pietersen to see if the deadlock can be broken.
Pietersen has promised not to release more statements, or videos without the ECB’s say-so, a move that will pacify coach Flower and captain Andrew Strauss.
The South Africa born batsman had made a YouTube video and statement on his position within the England team without the consent of his employers that has further strained a relationship already on its last legs.
Pietersen has understood that any more comments could permanently damage attempts to patch things up, and will be working overtime during the Test against South Africa to see if his name can be included on the team sheet for the World Twenty20 on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic