Kevin Pietersen likely to sign new central contract
London: Controversial England batsman Kevin Pietersen is most likely to sign a new central contract with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) this week following fruitful talks with the management in Sri Lanka.
Pietersen held a series of meetings with the ECB officials in Sri Lanka on Wednesday and Thursday, and the crack between him and the England management appears to be healing, according to the Telegraph.
Once the new contract is signed focus will switch to reintegrating Pietersen into the England side, the paper said.
Professional dispute resolution advisers will be brought in to help ease the transition which is most likely to start in February when England depart for a two-month tour of New Zealand, the paper added.
The Professional Cricketers`` Association will work with the ECB to co-ordinate that process, the paper further said.
The main sticking point on both sides revolves around trust. England have experienced Pietersen`s whims in the past and fear his promises to be available in all forms of the game until 2015 will be broken in the future, the paper concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read