Kevin Pietersen likely to sign new central contract
London: Controversial England batsman Kevin Pietersen is most likely to sign a new central contract with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) this week following fruitful talks with the management in Sri Lanka.
Pietersen held a series of meetings with the ECB officials in Sri Lanka on Wednesday and Thursday, and the crack between him and the England management appears to be healing, according to the Telegraph.
Once the new contract is signed focus will switch to reintegrating Pietersen into the England side, the paper said.
Professional dispute resolution advisers will be brought in to help ease the transition which is most likely to start in February when England depart for a two-month tour of New Zealand, the paper added.
The Professional Cricketers`` Association will work with the ECB to co-ordinate that process, the paper further said.
The main sticking point on both sides revolves around trust. England have experienced Pietersen`s whims in the past and fear his promises to be available in all forms of the game until 2015 will be broken in the future, the paper concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH