Kevin Pietersen likely to sign new central contract
London: Controversial England batsman Kevin Pietersen is most likely to sign a new central contract with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) this week following fruitful talks with the management in Sri Lanka.
Pietersen held a series of meetings with the ECB officials in Sri Lanka on Wednesday and Thursday, and the crack between him and the England management appears to be healing, according to the Telegraph.
Once the new contract is signed focus will switch to reintegrating Pietersen into the England side, the paper said.
Professional dispute resolution advisers will be brought in to help ease the transition which is most likely to start in February when England depart for a two-month tour of New Zealand, the paper added.
The Professional Cricketers`` Association will work with the ECB to co-ordinate that process, the paper further said.
The main sticking point on both sides revolves around trust. England have experienced Pietersen`s whims in the past and fear his promises to be available in all forms of the game until 2015 will be broken in the future, the paper concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?