Kevin Pietersen not to play ODI series against New Zealand
Wellington: England national selector Geoff Miller has made it clear that Kevin Pietersen, who recently starred in their historic 2-1 Test series win against India on their home turf, would not be a part of the one-day squad that will tour New Zealand in February.
Meanwhile, Graeme Swann, James Anderson and Jonathan Trott were picked in the 14-man one-day squad on Sunday, after being rested for the series in India next month.
Pietersen was also not chosen for the five one-days in India, as England try to manage the workload of key players, it added. The 14-man Twenty20 squad has two changes following the drawn series with India this week, it reported.
Stuart Broad will return from a heel injury to captain England, and Steven Finn was recalled, the paper further said. Miller believes the limited over series against Black Caps would be a great opportunity for the young players to make a mark for themselves, and added that this is also the best way to manage the workload of top England players during a jam-packed 2013 schedule.
England and New Zealand play three T20s from February 9, then three one-day internationals from February 17, and will be followed by three Tests in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you