Kevin Pietersen ponders one-day return
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Kevin Pietersen is still hopeful of making it to England’s World T20 squad despite retiring from limited overs internationals.
However, such a scenario would arise should ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board) consider a drastic change in the schedule.
"Never say never. I`m a lot older and more mature than a few years ago, so you never know. Anything can happen. I`ll never say no, but the schedule would have to be a hell of a lot different for me to come back. Wait and see." Pietersen told Daily Mail.
"I`ve had my wife, mother, dad, mother-in-law, brothers and my best mates all saying to me `don`t you wish you were out there batting against Australia (in the on-going one-day series)?` Pietersen added.
"And I`ve said to them I haven`t missed it at all. But maybe all I needed was a break. Who knows? I`ve played a lot of cricket in the last seven years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list