London: Exiled England batsman Kevin Pietersen on Friday revealed he has received offers from several prospective English county employers.
New England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Colin Graves hinted last weekend there is still a possibility of a return to international cricket for Pietersen, who was axed from the national team last year, as long as he first commits to playing county cricket again.
Pietersen has been asked to join Leicestershire for the English domestic Twenty20 competition later this year and his advisor claims other teams have also made approaches to the South-Africa born star this week.
Leicestershire chief executive Wasim Khan told Cricinfo he had been in touch with Pietersen`s agent about the possibility of a deal with the 34-year-old, between his existing commitments at the Indian and Caribbean premier leagues.
Wasim told Cricinfo: "I approached his agent about his T20 availability.
"But he said it was unlikely he would play any T20 (in England) due to his full CPL commitments."
Pietersen`s agent confirmed soon afterwards an initial discussion did take place, adding it was "some time ago".
But Pietersen went further a few hours later - tweeting a link to his short update on the website, breathesport.com, which revealed further offers are being considered but stressing his primary objective is simply to play for England again.
It read: "I believe an offer was made, and so have a few others this week...let`s wait & see what my decision is. Lots to think about, but desperate to put (England shirt numbers) #626 and #185 back on my chest."
Pietersen, who was kicked out by the ECB 13 months ago after England`s 2013-14 Ashes whitewash defeat and described by his employers` managing director Paul Downton as "disengaged", has since published an autobiography in which he is very critical of several former team-mates and management staff.
He played for Surrey in last year`s domestic T20 competition, but was deregistered by them at the end of the season.