Kevin Pietersen to open cricket academies in Dubai, India
New Delhi: Former England star batsman Kevin Pietersen will in October launch a cricket academy in Dubai, and will follow it with another academy in India.
"I am going to start a cricket academy in Dubai in October. The venue is not confirmed yet but it will be a state-of-the-art facility. There will be various courses which will be taught and we will train kids from the age of seven to 18," Pietersen, who was sacked from the England team in February, said here Sunday.
The former England captain said he chose Dubai, which is also the headquarters of the International Cricket Council (ICC), because of the centrality of the emirate.
"We chose Dubai because of its central location. The facilities there are magnificent. The opportunity arose last year and we grabbed it. We are expecting kids from all around the world and will also be funding disadvantaged kids," said the 33-year-old.
Pietersen, who is also the captain of the Delhi Daredevils in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL), said India will be the second location for his academy.
"After Dubai, the second academy is going to be set up in India for sure. It is high on priority," said Pietersen, who will also be playing in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) later in the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why