Kevin Pietersen tweets his desire to play for England again
London: Kevin Pietersen still harbours ambitions of playing international Cricket as he suggested today that he wants to play for England again.
Pietersen, who was at Lord`s today to prepare to play for a Rest of the World side against the MCC, tweeted: "My space reserved in the Lord`s dressing room. Clothes ready! So excited about tomorrow."
"I didn`t think I`d have this opportunity to play in front of a full house at Lord`s again. I still do hope that things change and I play for England here again. Time will tell..." he said of his desire to make an international comeback.
The message also included a link to Pietersen`s Instagram account and a picture of his shirt and hat
in the Lord`s dressing room.
Pietersen was axed from the England squad after the disastrous Ashes tour, with Paul Downton, the managing director of English cricket, saying the 34-year-old had become "disconnected" and "disengaged" from his team-mates.
Pietersen hit back, saying "the suggestion that I was uninterested is wholly untrue" and the England & Wales Cricket Board later apologised to Pietersen for Downton`s criticism.
Pietersen will line up alongside Shane Warne for the match tomorrow that will also see batting legend Sachin Tendulkar in white flannels once again after he called time on his illustrious career.
The match has been organised to celebrate the bicentenary of the current Lord`s ground.
Warne has backed his friend to show England what they are missing.
"KP is an absolute match-winner," Warne was quoted as saying by the Guardian.
"He is a superstar and a wonderful player. He is fantastic to watch, I`m sure he will turn it on
Saturday and smash it all over the park. He has played well over the years at Lord`s in his time with England and hopefully he can do that on Saturday," Warne said.
Warne and Pietersen will be joined by players like Adam Gilchrist, Muttiah Muralitharan, Yuvraj Singh and Paul Collingwood, while Tendulkar`s MCC team includes Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara and Brett Lee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre