Kevin Pietersen tweets his desire to play for England again
London: Kevin Pietersen still harbours ambitions of playing international Cricket as he suggested today that he wants to play for England again.
Pietersen, who was at Lord`s today to prepare to play for a Rest of the World side against the MCC, tweeted: "My space reserved in the Lord`s dressing room. Clothes ready! So excited about tomorrow."
"I didn`t think I`d have this opportunity to play in front of a full house at Lord`s again. I still do hope that things change and I play for England here again. Time will tell..." he said of his desire to make an international comeback.
The message also included a link to Pietersen`s Instagram account and a picture of his shirt and hat
in the Lord`s dressing room.
Pietersen was axed from the England squad after the disastrous Ashes tour, with Paul Downton, the managing director of English cricket, saying the 34-year-old had become "disconnected" and "disengaged" from his team-mates.
Pietersen hit back, saying "the suggestion that I was uninterested is wholly untrue" and the England & Wales Cricket Board later apologised to Pietersen for Downton`s criticism.
Pietersen will line up alongside Shane Warne for the match tomorrow that will also see batting legend Sachin Tendulkar in white flannels once again after he called time on his illustrious career.
The match has been organised to celebrate the bicentenary of the current Lord`s ground.
Warne has backed his friend to show England what they are missing.
"KP is an absolute match-winner," Warne was quoted as saying by the Guardian.
"He is a superstar and a wonderful player. He is fantastic to watch, I`m sure he will turn it on
Saturday and smash it all over the park. He has played well over the years at Lord`s in his time with England and hopefully he can do that on Saturday," Warne said.
Warne and Pietersen will be joined by players like Adam Gilchrist, Muttiah Muralitharan, Yuvraj Singh and Paul Collingwood, while Tendulkar`s MCC team includes Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara and Brett Lee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark