Khalid Mehmood says PCB should prefer SL home series
Islamabad: Former PCB chief Khalid Mehmood has urged the Pakistan board to give preference to its home series against Sri Lanka instead of accepting a tri-series proposal by BCCI, which is looking for a substitute for their tour of South Africa due to strained relations with the host board.
According to The Express Tribune, India are scheduled to play three Tests, seven One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and two Twenty20s the South Africa tour in November-December which it wants to cut down or scrap.
Meanwhile, the discussion on the tri-series is expected to take place today in Chennai on the sidelines the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting where representatives of the PCB and Sri Lanka will be present, the report said.
The Pakistan board will have to make changes in their scheduled home series against Sri Lanka in the UAE, involving two Twenty20s, five ODIs and three Tests from December 11 to January 20, if it agrees to the invite, the report added.
Mehmood said that the board should not say yes to suit India`s convenience, as the BCCI never supported the PCB.
Another senior administrator on condition of anonymity said that any agreement of tri-series might also affect PCB`s relation with Cricket South Africa (CSA), the report further said.
In the background, Faisalabad Wolves were delighted after uncertainty over their fate for Champions League Twenty20 tournament ended with the issuance of India n visa, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'