Khalid Mehmood says PCB should prefer SL home series
Islamabad: Former PCB chief Khalid Mehmood has urged the Pakistan board to give preference to its home series against Sri Lanka instead of accepting a tri-series proposal by BCCI, which is looking for a substitute for their tour of South Africa due to strained relations with the host board.
According to The Express Tribune, India are scheduled to play three Tests, seven One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and two Twenty20s the South Africa tour in November-December which it wants to cut down or scrap.
Meanwhile, the discussion on the tri-series is expected to take place today in Chennai on the sidelines the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting where representatives of the PCB and Sri Lanka will be present, the report said.
The Pakistan board will have to make changes in their scheduled home series against Sri Lanka in the UAE, involving two Twenty20s, five ODIs and three Tests from December 11 to January 20, if it agrees to the invite, the report added.
Mehmood said that the board should not say yes to suit India`s convenience, as the BCCI never supported the PCB.
Another senior administrator on condition of anonymity said that any agreement of tri-series might also affect PCB`s relation with Cricket South Africa (CSA), the report further said.
In the background, Faisalabad Wolves were delighted after uncertainty over their fate for Champions League Twenty20 tournament ended with the issuance of India n visa, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video