Khawaja taking tips from Lehmann on how to stump Indian spinners
Sydney: Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja is taking the help of his state coach Darren Lehmann on how to fight against high-quality spin bowling in the Indian sub-continent.
Khawaja, who played six Tests before being dropped in 2011, is getting ready with Lehmann’s help for the upcoming tour of India, as he is in line to fill the vacant spot in the team left by Michael Hussey’s retirement.
According to Khawaja, Lehmann is the best choice because he is regarded as one of Australia’s best spin players and was responsible for Australia’s win against Sri Lanka in Galle, Sri Lanka in 2004.
Eager to adopt a similar strategy as Lehmann against Indian spinners, Khawaja said that players had to be ready to take the risks and opportunities given to them by spinners.
He added that the important thing is to have a game plan and a way of scoring runs in India. Given Khawaja’s lack of international exposure, barring his Chairman`s XI match against Sri Lanka in December 2012, the fact that he is one of the choices for the India tour has been questioned.
The classy left-hander will face an international bowling attack when he plays in the Prime Minister`s XI match against the West Indies in Canberra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli