Khawaja’s 65 against Proteas a good launching pad: Amla
Johannesburg: South African batsman Hashim Amla has said that Usman Khawaja’s maiden half-century has the potential of being a launching pad for a quality Test career.
The 24-year-old Khawaja missed the chance to going on to making a century against South Africa in the second Test in Johannesburg.
In his six previous innings for Australia, Khawaja had not scored less than double figures but also had not improved on the 37 he made on debut against England at the SCG in January.
The technically sound left-hander is considered the next man in line for a permanent spot in the Australian side.
But he knows that failure to perform when given opportunities could quickly drop him back, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Khawaja`s 122-run stand in the fourth innings batting with Ricky Ponting is the best indication yet that the Sheffield Shield star is adjusting to international level.
``I think anybody starting off their careers is going to go through some challenging times and you need certain knocks here and there to boost your confidence,`` said Amla.
``I`m sure this knock will have done his confidence some good,” he added.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla