Kirsten says SA players ‘well prepared’ to face Aussie chin music
Sydney: South Africa coach Gary Kirsten has said his players are ready for the challenges they would face against a quality Australia team during the Test series that starts on November 9 at the Gabba, Brisbane.
“We wanted to prepare really well, we didn`t want to say too much, we wanted to make our performances count,” a leading Indian daily quoted Kirsten, as saying.
“I think we`ve got a group of guys who are ready to step up to those challenges,” he added.
“That`s really what the Test series is going to boil down to - two quality teams - and it`s about the team that takes the advantage in those situations. I think we did that brilliantly in England, and we would like to continue that momentum in Australia,” he said.
South Africa arrived without opener Alviro Petersen and back-up wicketkeeper Thami Tsolekile, who are still on Champions League Twenty20 duty, 12 days before the first Test starts at the Gabba on November 9.
Wicketkeeper-batsman AB de Villiers pronounced himself fit to take his place in the line-up despite a lingering back complaint, and expects to play in their only warm-up game, against Australia A at the SCG from Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray