Kirsten wants Proteas to stay focused during important ODI period
Johannesburg: South Africa coach Gary Kirsten has urged his players to stay focused ahead of their first one-day international against Pakistan at Chevrolet Park in Bloemfontein on Sunday, which marks the start of an important period of play for the Proteas fifty-over squad.
With less than seven matches to go until their opening fixture against India at the ICC Champions Trophy in Britain, the squad is motivated to create some winning momentum, Sport24 reports.
Kirsten said they have 20 games on the trot before they play another Test match so they are able to have a good focus on our one-day team, adding this is an important period for the ODI team.
Kirsten added he thinks what is important for them is that they know that they can create some momentum in this team.
The former Indian coach said they know that with the players that they have got they are able to win games in difficult situations and that is what it ultimately boils down to, adding they are all looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead in the next six months or so.
Kirsten said the Proteas management needs to be comfortable with resting the senior players because of the demands of professional cricket, but is equally confident the players coming in can fulfill the same objective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues