Kirti Azad allegedly detained for two hours at Heathrow
New Delhi: Former India player and member of the 1983 World Cup winning squad Kirti Azad was today allegedly detained at the Heathrow Airport in London for two hours before being allowed to board a Delhi-bound flight.
According to one of his office assistants, Azad was allegedly detained as the security officials at the airport found his surname to be suspicious.
"He (Azad) informed us about being detained for two hours at the Heathrow after which he was allowed to board the flight back to India. He said that the authorities were suspicious about his last name `Azad`," his office assistant said.
There were also reports that the authorities found him carrying a bottle of liquid which Azad seemingly claimed to be contaminated water. However this fact could not be verified.
Azad, a BJP Member of Parliament, could not be reached for his comments as he was on his flight back to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you