Kirti questions silence of UPA, NDA over BCCI chief removal
Darbhanga: With BCCI chief N Srinivasan deciding not to quit, cricketer-turned-politician Kirti Azad on Monday wondered why both UPA and NDA were keeping silence on his removal and alleged no genuine effort were being made to clean up the mess.
"Where are those keepers of high moral values in both UPA and NDA...Why are not they raising voice on the removal of Srinivasan over IPL scandal?" the BJP MP asked.
"These people who raise voice in Parliament on any political issue are not speaking in public over the spot fixing in IPL and removal of BCCI chief over the dirty episode," Azad said.
"The people who raised pitch of their voice to seek resignation of former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yedurappa or NDA leaders who pressurised P K Bansal and Ashwani Kumar to quit Manmohan Singh cabinet are silent over such a sensitive issue," the Lok Sabha member from Darbhanga said.
Azad, a member of 1983 World Cup winning Indian team, said as a cricketer he was aghast over the prevailing muck in cricket and regretted that no genuine efforts were shown by the keepers of morality to clear the dirt from cricket which is regarded as religion in the country.
Senior UPA leaders Farooq Abdullah of National Conference, Rajiv Shukla of Congress and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley and BJP Youth wing chief and MP Anurag Thakur are prominent names in the present cricket administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand