Kiwi player Watling in danger of missing entire series against Proteas
Wellington: New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman BJ Watling may miss rest of the series against South Africa due to a hip joint problem, and is highly unlikely to be recalled to play in next week’s third test in Wellington.
A New Zealand Cricket spokesperson said Watling was feeling better, but there had been no noteworthy change to his current injury status.
A source close to Watling said the gut feeling was he wouldn`t be right for the final match of the series at the Basin Reserve, if he was to be considered.
“I think this injury might take a while. He’s in Christchurch and he’s had scans, and they`re looking at trying to put something together and hopefully get him rehabbed,” Stuff.co.nz quoted the source, as saying.
“It’s just a `Let’s wait and see and find a special way to see if we can come up with a definitive answer``, that’s what they’re doing,” the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III