Kiwi player Watling in danger of missing entire series against Proteas
Wellington: New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman BJ Watling may miss rest of the series against South Africa due to a hip joint problem, and is highly unlikely to be recalled to play in next week’s third test in Wellington.
A New Zealand Cricket spokesperson said Watling was feeling better, but there had been no noteworthy change to his current injury status.
A source close to Watling said the gut feeling was he wouldn`t be right for the final match of the series at the Basin Reserve, if he was to be considered.
“I think this injury might take a while. He’s in Christchurch and he’s had scans, and they`re looking at trying to put something together and hopefully get him rehabbed,” Stuff.co.nz quoted the source, as saying.
“It’s just a `Let’s wait and see and find a special way to see if we can come up with a definitive answer``, that’s what they’re doing,” the source added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan