Kiwi players facing inquiry following Bracewell`s mysterious foot injury
London: New Zealand cricketers are set to face investigation following a mysterious foot injury suffered by fast bowler Doug Bracewell, allegedly after a booze bash, ahead of their Test series against England starting from Wednesday.
Bracewell, who has been ruled out of the first Test against England, suffered a cut on his right foot allegedly caused due to cleaning up broken glass after a beer-soaked bash at his home in Napier.
Disappointed at the alcohol allegations, New Zealand team manager Mike Sandle said that he will have to investigate the case and talk to some players, including Bracewell, to ascertain the actual facts.
Sandle further said that such happenings are an unwelcome distraction as the team has been trying to earn the respects of their fans by putting in a strong Test match performance, adding that he expected the players to look after themselves and be fit to play for their team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today