Kiwi players facing inquiry following Bracewell`s mysterious foot injury
London: New Zealand cricketers are set to face investigation following a mysterious foot injury suffered by fast bowler Doug Bracewell, allegedly after a booze bash, ahead of their Test series against England starting from Wednesday.
Bracewell, who has been ruled out of the first Test against England, suffered a cut on his right foot allegedly caused due to cleaning up broken glass after a beer-soaked bash at his home in Napier.
Disappointed at the alcohol allegations, New Zealand team manager Mike Sandle said that he will have to investigate the case and talk to some players, including Bracewell, to ascertain the actual facts.
Sandle further said that such happenings are an unwelcome distraction as the team has been trying to earn the respects of their fans by putting in a strong Test match performance, adding that he expected the players to look after themselves and be fit to play for their team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers