KKR`s Bhatia dedicates century to AMRI victims
Kolkata: Delhi all-rounder Rajat Bhatia, who plays for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL and calls the city his second home, on Wednesday dedicated his unbeaten century against Bengal to the victims of AMRI Hospital fire tragedy.
"I want to dedicate this knock to the victims of the fire tragedy. My heart goes out to the bereaved families. It was such a tragic incident," Bhatia said.
The Delhi boy slammed an unbeaten 163 to help Delhi recover from 234 for eight and post a challenging 392 in the ongoing Ranji Trophy match.
"Being a Knight Rider, I feel Kolkata as my second home. I was constantly following the incident from Delhi. It`s really unfortunate."
Fire broke out in the Advanced Medicare & Research Institute (AMRI) Hospital at Dhakuria early Friday morning in which 93 persons lost their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past