Koertzen, Tiffin and Proctor to officiate in PSL
Karachi: Former South African all-rounder and ICC match referee Mike Proctor and retired umpires Rudi Koertzen and Russell Tiffin have confirmed that they will officiate in the Pakistan Super League, starting March 26.
"You can expect some more good news in the coming week as negotiations to sign on some more big names from abroad are also in the final stages," a PCB official told PTI today.
He said although there were difficulties negotiating with overseas players and officials because of the perception about the security situation in Pakistan, things were progressing smoothly.
"We will be in a position to surprise many people soon," he added.
Procter, Koertzen and Tiffin, who are now retired from the ICC match referee and umpires panels, have toured Pakistan in the past.
"The PSL is pleased to announce that, apart from Pakistani umpires Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf, three other match officials Procter, Koertzen and Tiffin have confirmed their participation in the PSL 2013," said a PCB release.
The PCB has maintained that it is organising the super league to restore confidence of the outside world about having international cricket in Pakistan.
No Test playing nation has toured Pakistan since the militants attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in March 2009 in Lahore.
The managing director of PSL, Sarwar Salman Butt said the appointments of Procter, Koertzen and Tiffin were good signs.
"The PSL is in full steam recruiting top-notch match officials and exciting cricketers. In addition, preparation is proceeding apace in all other aspects and the team is well on track," said Butt.
He said the signing of the three officials has come at the right time for the PSL as earlier the Federation of International Cricketers Association had warned foreign players to not tour Pakistan because of the security situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months