Kohli attributes his success to coach Rajkumar and Bedi
New Delhi: Virat Kohli on Wednesday credited his success in international cricket to his coach Rajkumar Sharma and said that former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi`s tips on fitness during his Under-15 days has helped him to maintain a top fitness level.
"I remember when I was taking part in a U-15 Delhi team camp, there was the camp for Ranji team also. Then coach Bishan Bedi sir told me to give emphasis on fitness and I now know how important it is to be in top fitness in cricket," Kohli said.
Kohli, who was the Indian team`s vice-captain in the just-concluded Asia Cup in Bangladesh, was today honoured by his first academy -- West Delhi Cricket Academy -- in the presence of Bedi, former captain Kapil Dev, Chetan Chauhan and Chetan Sharma.
"I never thought I would share the dais with such stalwarts of the game. This is an honour for me. I am lucky to have got a coach like Rajkumar sir. Because of him only I am in the Indian team," he said.
Rajkumar said, "From the beginning, Kohli wanted to bat for long at the crease. His biggest assets are commitment and concentration. I am confident that like in the ODIs he will also do well in Test cricket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE