Kohli attributes his success to coach Rajkumar and Bedi
New Delhi: Virat Kohli on Wednesday credited his success in international cricket to his coach Rajkumar Sharma and said that former India captain Bishan Singh Bedi`s tips on fitness during his Under-15 days has helped him to maintain a top fitness level.
"I remember when I was taking part in a U-15 Delhi team camp, there was the camp for Ranji team also. Then coach Bishan Bedi sir told me to give emphasis on fitness and I now know how important it is to be in top fitness in cricket," Kohli said.
Kohli, who was the Indian team`s vice-captain in the just-concluded Asia Cup in Bangladesh, was today honoured by his first academy -- West Delhi Cricket Academy -- in the presence of Bedi, former captain Kapil Dev, Chetan Chauhan and Chetan Sharma.
"I never thought I would share the dais with such stalwarts of the game. This is an honour for me. I am lucky to have got a coach like Rajkumar sir. Because of him only I am in the Indian team," he said.
Rajkumar said, "From the beginning, Kohli wanted to bat for long at the crease. His biggest assets are commitment and concentration. I am confident that like in the ODIs he will also do well in Test cricket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears