Kohli, Dhoni continue to be in top-4 in ODIs
Dubai: India`s Virat Kohli and Mahendra Singh Dhoni were sitting pretty in the third and fourth positions respectively on the latest ICC ODI Championship table for batsmen released on Tuesday.
Kohli has 846 rating points while skipper Dhoni has 752 points to his name in the list headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla with 871 points. Gautam Gambhir is the next best Indian, at 17th place with 666 points.
None of the Indian bowler could feature in the top 20. The list is headed by South African Lonwabo Tsotsobe followed by Pakistan`s Saeed Ajmal and another Protea in Morne Morkel.
In the ODI Championship for team, India are at third place with 117 rating points.
Australia and South Africa are number 1 and 2 in the list.
Both Sri Lanka and Pakistan however will be aiming for improvements in their rankings when they go head to head in a five-match series which starts in Pallekele on Thursday.
Fifth-ranked Sri Lanka lead sixth-ranked Pakistan by five ratings points.
If Sri Lanka win all five matches of the series then they will move ahead of England into fourth position on 114 ratings points, irrespective of the outcome of the three-match ODI series between England and the West Indies which starts at The Rose Bowl on 16 June.
If Sri Lanka win 4-1 and England beat the West Indies 3-0, then both the sides will be on 113 ratings points but England will be ranked above Sri Lanka by a fraction of a point.
In sharp contrast, if Pakistan win the series 4-1 or better, then they will move ahead of Sri Lanka into fifth position. In case of Pakistan`s 4-1 series win, both sides will be on 108 ratings points but Pakistan will be ranked above Sri Lanka when the ratings are calculated beyond the decimal point.
Pakistan can even move to fourth if they win all five matches against Sri Lanka and the West Indies win their series against England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM