Kohli-Nike case: Karnataka HC orders status quo
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday ordered issuance of emergent notice to cricketer Virat Kohli on a suit filed by sports giant Nike accusing him of breach of an endorsement contract with it.
Justice Huluvadi G Ramesh directed Kohli to maintain status quo for the next four weeks regarding endorsement deal signed with Nike and adjourned the case.
In its suit filed on Monday, Nike claimed Kohli had breached the contract by disagreeing to continue as its brand ambassador till 2014. The five-year contract from 2008 was extendable by one year.
Nike, in its suit, has pleaded with the court to restrain Kohli from entering into or negotiating any endorsement deal with any third party until the expiry of the deal, company counsel Aditya Sondhi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists