Kohli to outshine MSD, Tendulkar in endorsement earnings: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: If reports are to be believed then the vice-captain of Indian cricket team Virat Kohli is ready to surpass the incumbent Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar in endorsement earnings.
The Delhi lad has reportedly signed a Rs 10-crore per year deal with a German sports goods giant, which is said to be the most lucrative contract signed by an Indian sportsperson. The three-year deal entitles the 24-year-old to endorse the brand`s shoes and apparel.
Since his debut in the national team, Kohli has been proving his mettle. He has established himself as a one-down batsman and is playing in all formats of the game.
After his on-field success, he is all set to give the best of the Indian sportspersons a run for their money but this time off-the-field.
According to reports in a leading newspaper, Kohli has also been recently signed with a tyre manufacturer, which is presently endorsed by Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh. Two big deals are expected to take him past Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Tendulkar in annual endorsement earnings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 'The Jungle Book' rakes in moolah at Box Office, all set to cross Rs 200 crore in India!
- HDFC among world's top 10 consumer financial services firms
- Fardeen Khan SLAMS body shamers, hits back with an open letter—Read full text
- Meet the ladies of 'Housefull3' in a brand new POSTER—See inside
- Amitabh clears air about NDA's 2-year anniversary event, says only hosting segment on girl child campaign