KP likely to sign new 12-month ECB central contract following fruitful talks
London: Controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen is set to sign a new 12-month central contract with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) by the end of this month after fruitful talks with the management, although it would be late for him to be included in the team touring India.
According to the Daily Mirror, Pietersen is believed to have been in talks with ECB bosses during his stay in Sri Lanka as a TV pundit and there is now some light at the end of the tunnel.
The flamboyant batsman has been out of favour from the team since the third Test match against South Africa in August, following revelations of his provocative text messages about Andrew Strauss, sent to the Proteas players.
However, there are still some points on which mutual consent between both the parties is yet to be found before he puts pen to paper, but it is expected that Pietersen will have a 12 month contract in line with the rest of the players, the paper added.
Both sides have remained tight-lipped over the contents of the meetings and will not talk publicly until the deal has been completed, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack