KP scores 100 as Eng complete 4-0 rout of Pak
Zeenews Sports Bureau
If it was Alastair Cook in the first two ODIs, it was Kevin Pietersen’s turn to pile the misery on a hapless Pakistani outfit as England completed a 4-0 rout at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, winning the 4th ODI by 4 wickets here on Tuesday.
Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first but the England pacers again took the initiative to peg back the sub-continent giants early on. Azhar Ali (58) and Asad Shafiq (65) then anchored the innings with a century stand but the lower order failed to push on as they mustered a mediocre score of 237.
But the Pakistan bowlers made a match out of it even as Kevin Pietersen (130) stood his ground defiantly and along with Craig Kieswetter (43) scripted a close victory for England.
Comeback man Jade Dernbach finished with 4/45 ably supported by Steven Finn (2 wkts) and debutant Danny Briggs (2wkts).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile