KP’s ‘spite’ against teammates over fake Twitter account worsens chances of return
London: Kevin Pietersen’s accusation against England teammates Graeme Swann and James Anderson over their involvement in his fake Twitter parody account is expected to worsen his hopes of a possible comeback in the national teams after he lost his central contract.
According to the Daily Mail, Pietersen lost his central contract after refusing to admit that he was totally wrong over the collapse in relations with his teammates that left him in exile and crushed the team spirit, which coach Andy Flower holds so dear.
Pietersen still feels his teammates had an involvement in the parody Twitter account ``KPGenius`` that has upset him so much, created by a friend of the players, Richard Bailey.
Stuart Broad has already been cleared by the England and Wales Cricket Board of having anything to do with Pietersen’s fake Twitter account, while Swann took to the social networking website on Sunday to insist he wasn’t involved, the paper said.
Swann tweeted: “Sorry to disappoint all you piers morgan fans but KP``s parody had nothing to do with me. I suggest a warm cocoa and an early night.”
It is understood that even Anderson has vehemently denied any involvement in Pietersen’s fake Twitter account, the paper added.
It was the criticism of Andrew Strauss in messages sent by Pietersen to South African players that sparked this affair.
According to the report, the ECB considers the Twitter business to be a side issue and accept that Broad, Anderson and Swann had nothing to do with it, which leaves Pietersen further away from a return to the fold than ever and almost certainly out of the Test squad to tour India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh