KSCA treasurer bats for Srinivasan
Bangalore: Tallam Venkatesh, whose name is doing the rounds for the BCCI treasurer`s post, on Friday backed N Srinivasan, saying it would be "unfair" to put the Board President in firing line just because his relative is allegedly involved in betting.
"If his son-in-law does something, can we claim he (Srinivasan) is also involved (in the IPL spot-fixing mess)?. Let us be fair to him. He has brought cricket to what it is now. Let us see the brighter side of it," Venkatesh, who is Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) treasurer, told reporters here.
Venkatesh said if a few have people have gone wrong, it does not mean that it will have an impact on the tournament.
"These kind of things happen and we have been seeing it in our lives and families. Our country is known for corruption. It doesn`t excite nor makes any difference," he said, adding that there must be stringent punishment for the guilty.
Asked if the BCCI offers him treasurer`s post, what would be his priority, Venkatesh said "I always feel that a person who has been assigned a job must do it right. Definitely I will see that no hanky-panky happens."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack