Kumar`s 113 help Andhra reach 224-4 against HP in Ranji
Visakhapatnam: Opener Prasanth Kumar cracked an unbeaten 113 to help Andhra Pradesh reach 224 for 4 against Himachal Pradesh at stumps on the opening day of a Group C Ranji Trophy match At Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy stadium here on Saturday.
Electing to bat, Andra skipper Kumar scored 13 boundaries in his 265-ball innings, while Murumulla Sriram hit a 94-ball 43, laced with eight hits to the fence.
For HP, Seamer Vikramjeet Singh Malik (3/45) was the pick of the bowler with three wickets, while left-arm spinner Bipul Sharma took one wicket.
At the draw of stumps, RK Bhui (6) was giving company to Prasanth.
Kumar starred in two important partnership as he forged 75 with Sriram for the second wicket and then added 73 runs with GK Chiranjeevi for the fourth wicket.
Opener KS Bharat was the first to be dismissed when he was cleaned up by Malik in the 9th over.
Malik returned again in the 38th over to castle Sriram. 15 overs later, Sumanth too was sent back into the hut by Bipul Sharma with wicket-keeper Aatish Bhalaik dislodging the stumps after finding the batsman short of the crease.
The final batsman to be dismissed on the day was Chiranjeevi, who was trapped infront of stumps by Malik for his third wicket.
Andhra Pradesh 1st innings: 224 for four in 90 overs (Prasanth Kumar 113; VS Malik 3/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack