Kundra performs puja, Shilpa takes mother`s support
New Delhi: Suspended Rajasthan Royals Raj Kundra sought heavenly intervention while his Bollywood actress wife Shilpa Shetty took solace from her mother`s comforting words as the duo dealt with the tough times that have followed the NRI businessman`s questioning by the Delhi Police.
"A very holy day for me as spent the day doing an 8 hour long puja at home. It`s all about having faith. #peace #love #prayers," tweeted Kundra.
Kundra has been facing tough times ever since being questioned by the Delhi Police, to whom the NRI businessman admitted to betting in the cash-rich Twenty20 league.
The 37-year-old British Indian businessman was later suspended by BCCI`s all-powerful working committee, pending completion of an inquiry.
Kundra is the second team owner, after N Srinivasan`s son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan, to be suspended from cricketing activities in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
Shetty, on the other hand, turned to her mother for support.
"Was Low nd mom said this to me"People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. How strong you stand is what makes you".
"Those words gave me strength immediately. Parents unconditional love and prayers put a smile on my face. Shd never take that fr granted :)," she tweeted.
Kundra continued to tweet as the day progressed.
"God made many puzzle pieces, but only those two 'cut out' for each other, can fit together to create a perfect and beautiful picture," tweeted Kundra later in the day.
Stating that truth could be "dangerous", Kundra further wrote in his twitter account, "Truth can be a dangerous thing. It is quite patient and relentless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video