Kundra performs puja, Shilpa takes mother`s support
New Delhi: Suspended Rajasthan Royals Raj Kundra sought heavenly intervention while his Bollywood actress wife Shilpa Shetty took solace from her mother`s comforting words as the duo dealt with the tough times that have followed the NRI businessman`s questioning by the Delhi Police.
"A very holy day for me as spent the day doing an 8 hour long puja at home. It`s all about having faith. #peace #love #prayers," tweeted Kundra.
Kundra has been facing tough times ever since being questioned by the Delhi Police, to whom the NRI businessman admitted to betting in the cash-rich Twenty20 league.
The 37-year-old British Indian businessman was later suspended by BCCI`s all-powerful working committee, pending completion of an inquiry.
Kundra is the second team owner, after N Srinivasan`s son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan, to be suspended from cricketing activities in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
Shetty, on the other hand, turned to her mother for support.
"Was Low nd mom said this to me"People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. How strong you stand is what makes you".
"Those words gave me strength immediately. Parents unconditional love and prayers put a smile on my face. Shd never take that fr granted :)," she tweeted.
Kundra continued to tweet as the day progressed.
"God made many puzzle pieces, but only those two 'cut out' for each other, can fit together to create a perfect and beautiful picture," tweeted Kundra later in the day.
Stating that truth could be "dangerous", Kundra further wrote in his twitter account, "Truth can be a dangerous thing. It is quite patient and relentless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'