KXIP ropes in two new players
New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab signed up two new players -- middle-order batsman Gurkeerat Singh Mann and medium pacer Parvinder Awana -- for the upcoming fifth edition of the Indian Premier League.
"Kings XI Punjab is pleased to announce the addition of two exemplary players namely Punjab based Gurkeerat Singh Mann, hard hitting middle order batsmen and Delhi based Parvinder Awana, right-arm medium pacer to its registered squad today," Arvinder Singh, COO of Kings XI Punjab, said.
"We believe that both these young and dynamic players will add immense value to the team and will perform well in the coming season of IPL 2012," he added.
For Awana, who has been the Delhi pace spearhead in the last three seasons in the absence of the likes of Ishant Sharma and Ashish Nehra, this will be the first time to be in an IPL team.
He took part in the trials for Kolkata Knight Riders last season and was part of the development squad of KKR that toured Sri Lanka. He, however, failed to make it to the KKR IPL squad for the last season.
25-year-old Awana is the third highest domestic wicket-taker last season. He scalped 47 wickets in seven first class and four List A matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year