Kyle Mills seeking to ‘improve cricketing skills’ through ‘experienced seamers’
Sydney: New Zealand’s top-ranked one-day international bowler Kyle Mills is desperate to improve his cricketing skills, despite approaching 34.
In recent weeks, the Auckland right-armer has had three highly experienced seamers helping his side, and he says he`d be "nuts" not to gain any advice he could off them.
As part of the Auckland Aces` Champions League campaign, Mills was able to lean on former Zimbabwean spearhead Heath Streak, the side`s bowling coach.
"I really enjoyed working with him, being a seam bowler and someone I could talk to about how he went about his game etc," Stuff.co.nz quoted Mills, as saying.
The Black Caps now have Mills` former team-mate Shane Bond as their bowling mentor, while retired Sri Lankan left-armer Chaminda Vaas has also come in to help, the report said.
"When you get the opportunity to work with guys like that you take it. I`m a guy who`s always looking to improve my cricket,” Mills added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory