Lalit Modi, president of suspended RCA, plans Rajasthan Premier League
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: Despite the snubbing from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the newly-constituted members of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) are all agog with new plans, including a brand new Rajasthan Premier League.
According to Sumendra Tiwary, the new honorary secretary of the RCA, newly elected executive members had their first meeting on Tuesday, with Modi chairing over the video conference from London. In the two-hour long meeting, the former Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner elaborated the future plans for the association.
"We are planning to start eight big academies in the state with world-class facilities. Our first academy in Jaipur was highly appreciated by former Australian batsman Greg Chappell.” said Tiwary.
"Modi has a plan to build stadiums in Jaipur and Udaipur. The Sawai Mansingh Stadium (SMS) in Jaipur is owned by the state government. We want to have our own stadium," he added.
Tiwary also said that “We (RCA) are challenging the BCCI’s decision in Jaipur High Court. They can’t suspend our association, the results of which have been declared by the court. Our lawyer (Sudeep Hora) will prepare the papers soon and submit them before the High Court here.”
Earlier on the day, the BCCI had suspended RCA following the election of Modi as the association president.
The RCA elections were held on December 19 last year under the supervision of two retired Supreme Court judges, NM Kasliwal and SP Pathak. The votes, casted by 33 district units, were submitted to the apex court in a sealed envelope. And under the apex court`s directive, the results were declared at the presence of supervisors on May 6.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre