Lalit Modi`s attorney Abdi appears before Mudgal committee
New Delhi: Banned former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi`s attorney Mehmood Abdi on Thursday, appeared before the Supreme court appointed committee headed by Justice Mukul Mudgal, which is enquiring into the allegations of match-fixing in the sixth edition of Indian Premier League.
The deposition of Abdi lasted for over an hour.
"In aid of the investigation, the Committee has asked me to provide certain additional inputs which I will provide shortly," said Abdi after his deposition.
According to a media release, he further added that he placed before the committee relevant material in support of his input statement filed before the committee.
As complex issues are involved a thorough investigation is required into the menace of the match fixing and severe curative measures are needed to fix the circumstances which create environment conducive for illegal and immoral activities like match/spot fixing.
Abdi expressed hope that Justice Mudgal Committee will surely meet the targets as set out by its reference of inquiry mandated by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh