Lalit Modi`s attorney Abdi appears before Mudgal committee
New Delhi: Banned former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi`s attorney Mehmood Abdi on Thursday, appeared before the Supreme court appointed committee headed by Justice Mukul Mudgal, which is enquiring into the allegations of match-fixing in the sixth edition of Indian Premier League.
The deposition of Abdi lasted for over an hour.
"In aid of the investigation, the Committee has asked me to provide certain additional inputs which I will provide shortly," said Abdi after his deposition.
According to a media release, he further added that he placed before the committee relevant material in support of his input statement filed before the committee.
As complex issues are involved a thorough investigation is required into the menace of the match fixing and severe curative measures are needed to fix the circumstances which create environment conducive for illegal and immoral activities like match/spot fixing.
Abdi expressed hope that Justice Mudgal Committee will surely meet the targets as set out by its reference of inquiry mandated by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical