Lalit Modi says ICC`s `Big Three` decision will `destroy` cricket
Karachi: Disgraced former Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi has expressed a vehement stance against the new ICC decision giving `greater control` to ` Big Three`- India, Australia and England, saying that it will destroy the game.
The outspoken and flamboyant Modi has had the unique distinction of being portrayed as a pioneer and villain in the race to capture the hearts and minds of the cricket ing world and is now a vocal critic of the ICC and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
According to www.PakPassion.net, Modi said that the proposals giving `greater control` to the Board of Control for Cricket in India ( BCCI), Cricket Australia ( CA) and the England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) would bring destruction to the game.
Modi further said that if it goes on, there would be a time when only India, Australia and England will be playing each other and they will send their `B` teams to the other nations because the standard would have dropped to an alarming level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!