Langer backs Shaun Marsh to come good
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australian batting coach Justin Langer has backed out of form Shaun Marsh to be back in good nick after suffering a horrible summer with the bat.
`You really feel for him because you know how hard he is working and you know he spent that time on the sideline with injury, which put him back a bit. Then he`s come back into a big Test series, his first in Australia, so automatically you put an extra bit of pressure on yourself because you want to show the Australian public you can bat,`` Langer was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herald.
Shaun Marsh’s slump with the bat against the visiting Indian team has seen him getting out on a duck five times in eight international innings.
The lefty who was selected to play in the second T20I against India in Melbourne on Friday, produced a two-ball duck and has decided to return to Western Australia`s Sheffield Shield team to find the lost touch.
`In a lot of ways him going back to shield cricket this week, perhaps away from the glare, might just help him relax and start hitting the ball again.`` Langer said on Marsh’s decision to join Sheffield Shield team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures