Langer backs Shaun Marsh to come good
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australian batting coach Justin Langer has backed out of form Shaun Marsh to be back in good nick after suffering a horrible summer with the bat.
`You really feel for him because you know how hard he is working and you know he spent that time on the sideline with injury, which put him back a bit. Then he`s come back into a big Test series, his first in Australia, so automatically you put an extra bit of pressure on yourself because you want to show the Australian public you can bat,`` Langer was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herald.
Shaun Marsh’s slump with the bat against the visiting Indian team has seen him getting out on a duck five times in eight international innings.
The lefty who was selected to play in the second T20I against India in Melbourne on Friday, produced a two-ball duck and has decided to return to Western Australia`s Sheffield Shield team to find the lost touch.
`In a lot of ways him going back to shield cricket this week, perhaps away from the glare, might just help him relax and start hitting the ball again.`` Langer said on Marsh’s decision to join Sheffield Shield team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog