Langer urges Oz selectors not to lose faith in Cowan
Sydney: Former Test opener Justin Langer has urged Australian selectors not to lose faith in Ed Cowan just yet, and claimed that the left-hander has the potential to play an important role in Australia`s bid to win back the Ashes this summer.
According to news.com.au, Cowan faces an uphill battle to revive his Test career after being dumped during Australia`s recent 3-0 Ashes flop in England, with the 31-year-old appearing just once in the series.
However, a Test recall isn`t totally out of the question after Usman Khawaja and Phil Hughes also failed to nail down a spot when given their chance, the report said.
Langer believes the unsettled nature of the batting line-up in England played a huge part in Australia`s demise and although Cowan averages just 31 over his 18 Tests, Langer suggested that the plucky opener shouldn`t be written off, the report added.
He said that Ed Cowan faced more balls than anyone else in the India series and he has been a good player in tough conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today