Lanka off to slow start on first day of second Test against Proteas
Colombo: Sri Lanka got off to a slow start on the first day of their second Test against South Africa at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground in Colombo, and have so far lost three wickets.
At the time of the filing of this report, Sri Lanka were 143 for three in 34 overs.
South African fast bowler Dale Steyn has already claimed two of the three wickets, while off spinner J P Duminy claimed the third.
Imran Tahir caught former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara for a duck, while wicketkeeper batsman Upul Tharanga was caught behind for his individual score of eleven. Steyn, who has taken 11 wickets in the series so far, snared both batsmen.
Sri Lankan batsman J K Silva scored 44 runs before being caught by A B de Villiers off the bowling of Duminy.
Currently, former Sri Lanka skipper Mahela Jayawardene is batting on 64, while skipper Angelo Mathews is batting on 17.
Earlier, Sri Lanka won the toss and decided to bat first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city