Lanka series is first step towards rebuilding process: Langer
Colombo: The three-match Test series against Sri Lanka is the starting point for Australia’s long climb back to the top of the rankings list, according to batting coach Justin Langer.
Langer insists that it is important for the World No.5-ranked team to get off to a strong start from the first Test against the No.4-ranked island nation.
“While timelines don’t seem to be set in concrete, change is in the air. For some, this will be exciting - for others, disappointing and downright upsetting. Whatever happens, it is great to see a passionate response to the drop in expected standards in Australian cricket,” a daily quoted Langer, as saying.
“There will be no magic wand or fairy godmother or father, but there will be a concerted and focused energy to put Australian cricket back at the top of the pile. The first step to this rebuilding process and attitude starts on Wednesday when the first Test begins in Galle,” he added.
Langer further said the three back-to-back Test matches would not be a stage for the faint-hearted.
“But then, if we are serious about changing things, then the faint of heart probably aren’t what we are searching for anyway,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read