Lanka series is first step towards rebuilding process: Langer
Colombo: The three-match Test series against Sri Lanka is the starting point for Australia’s long climb back to the top of the rankings list, according to batting coach Justin Langer.
Langer insists that it is important for the World No.5-ranked team to get off to a strong start from the first Test against the No.4-ranked island nation.
“While timelines don’t seem to be set in concrete, change is in the air. For some, this will be exciting - for others, disappointing and downright upsetting. Whatever happens, it is great to see a passionate response to the drop in expected standards in Australian cricket,” a daily quoted Langer, as saying.
“There will be no magic wand or fairy godmother or father, but there will be a concerted and focused energy to put Australian cricket back at the top of the pile. The first step to this rebuilding process and attitude starts on Wednesday when the first Test begins in Galle,” he added.
Langer further said the three back-to-back Test matches would not be a stage for the faint-hearted.
“But then, if we are serious about changing things, then the faint of heart probably aren’t what we are searching for anyway,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic