Lara, Bravo doubtful for 2nd ODI
Cuttack, Jan 23: West Indies` hopes of stopping India from taking an unassailable lead in the four-match series took a knock after captain Brian Lara and all-rounder Dwayne Bravo were rendered doubtful for tomorrow`s second one-dayer with a left knee injury.
"I am uncertain. I will practice today and decide tomorrow," Lara said on the eve of the match at the Barabati stadium here.
The Trinidadian had a short stint in the nets and then opted for rest.
Bravo was also on the injured list after he collided with the umpire during the opening one dayer at Nagpur which India won by 14 runs to open up a 1-0 lead in the four-match series.
"Bravo is also uncertain. And in case I cannot play, Chris Gayle will be the stand-in skipper," Lara said.
The West Indies skipper, however, denied that his team was low on morale after the defeat in the first ODI at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa