Lara was great batsman, not captain: Cozier
Islamabad: Ace commentator Tony Cozier has said that he did not think Brian Lara made a good captain and was still being put back as captain very time by the West Indies Board, because the team was going through a very difficult period.
In an interview with pakpassion.net, Cozier said that the players needed someone not only to lead them in terms of scoring runs but someone to lead them in another way as well, someone who would get them together and ensure that each player would play to his best potential.
The commentator added that Lara was an outstanding and a great player but in his time he was the only great player in the West Indies team, whereas teams before had more than one, like Viv Richards, Greenidge, Haynes and Clive Llyod, among others.
Cozier compared Lara to Headley who in the 1930s was made captain after carrying the batting on his shoulders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore