Lasith Malinga to face inquiry on his behaviour with media
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s Twenty20 vice-captain Lasith Malinga is set to face a behavioural inquiry by the Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) after he had exchanged unfriendly words with the media during the recent contract dispute crisis of Sri Lankan players with the board.
According to an official release, the executive committee of SLC has directed the chief executive officer Ajit Jayasekara to conduct an inquiry into the two incidents related to Malinga and media personnel, which took place outside SLC headquarters in Colombo.
During the first incident, which occurred on Sunday after the players had met chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya and agreed to sign the contracts, Malinga had sarcastically told the waiting reporters that he did not know anything about a contract, and had come to the SLC headquarters only to party.
The second incident, which occurred the following morning after Malinga arrived at the SLC offices, took place when the apparently irritated player brusquely told a reporter to mind his own business and leave him alone.
Malinga has had a strained relationship with parts of the nation`s media after he announced his retirement from Test cricket during the 2011 IPL, which came after he had made himself unavailable for the Test tour of England citing fitness problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it